PPACS Competition Rules
- Full acceptance of syllabus and programme. All competitors dance at their own risk.
- The Committee reserves the right to delete, divide or amalgamate classes, apply and interpret the conditions.
- If a competitor, for any reason, withdraws from a class or the competition, there will be no refund provided for the entry cost paid.
- Adjudicator Taught/Coached: No competitor who has been taught or coached by the adjudicator within the last two years shall be allowed to compete in that particular class.
- There is to be no communication with the adjudicator at any time during the competitions except for committee members. Failure to observe may result in disqualification.
- The adjudicator’s decision is final.
- Restricted classes are for competitors who have not received a 1st placing in a similar class as at the commencement of the competition.
- To be eligible to dance in a Tap/Jazz Championship, competitors must dance in a Solo Tap/Jazz Class.
If for any reason, you are unable to compete in your entered age group solo class - to remain eligible to compete in the Championship class, you may dance in a higher age Solo Tap/Jazz class.
NOTE: Senior Tap Championship must dance a 3-Speed. Senior Jazz Championship must dance a different Jazz to one performed in age group.
- During Tap/Jazz Championships only competitors in that class will be allowed backstage, with the exception of age Troupes under 10 years, who may have 1 Adult present.
- All competitors must be in attendance in the order set out in the programme at the commencement of their class. Those not present when called, shall at the discretion of the Stage Manager, forfeit their right to compete.
- Music must be on a CD-R disc. If, for any reason, your music does not play, a back-up CD must be readily available. Any competitor without a back-up CD, if required, will forfeit their right to compete.
- Solo, Duo & Trio items, all styles, must not exceed three (3) minutes for under 12 years and four (4) minutes for 12 years and over. Troupes must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Time taken from adjudicator’s bell).
- Duo and Trio classes - Competitors may appear twice in a class but only once with the same partner.
- Troupes must enter in the age group according to the average age of the troupe performing.
- Cups, trophies and prize money must be signed for at the report table. The engraving of the trophy is the responsibility of the winner.
- Competitors who win money may exchange it for a corresponding place badge. Badges cannot be exchanged for money.
- Age shall be reckoned at the first day of commencement of competition.
- Tap shoes must be covered when worn outside of the stage area, in particular, the main foyer area.
- Rosin is to only be used in the box provided.
- Videoing and taking photographs of competitors on stage is to only take place with the prior permission of the Committee.
- Cell phones are to be either switched off or on silent while inside the Theatre.
- The Committee reserves the right to limit entries to 700.
- The Committee reserves the right to remove any person/s from the Hawkins Theatre for any inappropriate behaviour.
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with the Privacy Act 1993 - Our entry forms collect personal information about you. This information is collected for the prime purpose of registering you and determining your eligibility for the classes you have selected at our Annual Dance Festival. Some information will be used in the compiling of the programme. Competitors also note, that names will be posted on our website for places First to Commended, along with any special awards. We may also post pictures, in relation to the competition, throughout the weekend. By submitting your entry, you agree to your name being published should you receive an award, along with any photos taken.